Started working on a level which I’m calling “The City” for now. Got a few architectural elements that I’m pretty happy with, heavily inspired by brutalism. You can see some trees that I’ve added. I’m quite happy with the results so far, but I think they still need plenty of tweaking. I’m not sure if it would be worth it to write a tree generation script, or just make 10 or so different ones by hand and place them randomly around the scene.
Also started optimizing the geometry in the scene. I’m using a combination of merging groups of objects into one to reduce draw calls, setting certain objects to occluders, as well as not drawing polygon faces that I know for sure are hidden.
Finally, I just got a new updated version of ProBuilder, which I’m super excited to try out.